Mentoring for an Intermediate Coach in training for an Advanced Accreditation
An Intermediate Coach in training for an Advanced Coach Accreditation will need a mentor to support training in the workplace. The aim is to have them as an additional resource to work through the activities and assessment tasks throughout this course. For some activities or workplace tasks you will need specific assistance from your mentor to complete the tasks. The role they need to take on will be explained clearly for them. Ideally you should utilise them to discuss various topics as you progress through the course.
The mentor should:
- Be a current technical member of Gymnastics Australia
- Hold an Advanced Coach Accreditation or above and where possible this should be relevant to the Gymsport
- Provide supervision and guidance for the trainee Advanced Coach, but does not need to provide direct supervision on a daily basis
- Assist with and undertake workplace assessment tasks with the trainee Advanced Coach
- Ensure the trainee Advanced Coach works within their level of competence
- Exercise a duty of care to the coach and participants.